Friday 13 July 2012

221

            Without yet opening my eyes,
            I watched the furniture of my
            Past life reconstitute itself
            As if under its own power :
Planes and vertices rendered at 
The slightest suggestive motion of
Thought converging into familiar
Shapes, finally making themselves
Known overtly to my consciousness,
As if by each speaking a soft word,
Every new presence consummating
A particle of the larger construct.

            As each object appeared to me
I had the impression of encountering
            It for the first time, and yet at
            Once of a rupture in the dense
            Fabric of the intervening years
Through which the object's attributes
            Seemed to fall. It was as if the
Haemorrhage of a communicating
            Membrane between two parts
Of my brain had allowed the fluid
Of association to torrent suddenly
            From one chamber to another.

No comments: