Monday 21 May 2012

204

Mother
The candle gutters, where I lay my sight.
            Fever, anaesthetic, caution : holocaust!
                        The stars burn like abandoned cars! Nothing will
Hold me now. I am but a colossal framework.
            Lord, dance up with me into the dustbowl heaven,
                        Where we might find a place to be alone together.
I burn, ah! My back, my breasts, my cunt!
            I shake with the want of you : captain, do not
                        Leave me now. My conduit is, for you, facillitation.

I cannot sleep this love into its shell!
            Years pass, as they did in the hour of my birth.
                        Ghosts pass up from the deep, where rockets fall.
Out of the proportions of the dark
            A shape rises, an elongate neck and eyes like oil,
                        The allgod of giraffes. It says : the rain is coming
That will wash your body away.
            It falls back into the atmosphere, as all things
                        Fall, into some other arms : beyond what we see.
The apocalypse comes so slowly tonight.

            I am a body like anything else. Take me in your
                        Arms for a little while, for it is so late and I cannot 
Help what I have been, what I always will be.
            You have been so long away from me, sweetheart.
                        Molten falls, down out of the mouth of heavengate,
Where the race was born and will return!
            These are not tears, you do not pain me how you are.
                        Light projects its form : a spume of fluid into dark.
I have no children of this. May I have
            A little love to light the darkness, this solstice?
                        Come into me where I am the catalyst, O caballero!

No comments: