Monday 21 May 2012

203

Father
August, where I knew you once.
            We stood in the evening and the failing light,
                        And I thought how many animals must be dying
At that instant, and how loneliness
            Might be the only constant of this life. I spoke
                        That word, known to all men, and we were there,
Together in that moment. We were
            A power to behold in those early years. Now,
                        My vision is fading : I have no light to harness to.

What father are you seeking, where
            All sound runs out into silence? What end?
                        The mode of all forces. The flower that is only love.
It is a name that proceeds from the feeling of love.
            Love an aspect of will, will an expression of energy.
                        Discrete powers : these partialities of a continuum.
An allsoul that dresses the night in colour.
            For the terms within which the problem may be
                        Elaborated, and thus resolved. For his revelations!
Deathbloom of starchild! Astral ordinance.

            We are children, in our old age.
                        The pollen came off the trees like smoke, and they
Told me your name, and I could
            See that you were very young. You stood
                        Like an ornament, where the light had caught you.
That night we watched Sagittarius pass
            Far over our heads, and we knew that some
                        Catastrophe had taken hold of us, and were afraid.
You prayed for me, and we went to sleep.
            I have not woken since! Now we are children
                        Again, in our old age. Stars fall. Morning is coming.

No comments: