Sunday 18 March 2012

186

Father
Nullity is the church of my heart,
            Little one. Nullity is the roe that rides in flame to
                        The wood's edge. These are fine, elaborate sounds.
I have taken your testament, love :
            Its essence is the fruit of me. I am its dull mnemonic,
                        It is the burning faggot that illumines all darkness.
For it must be proclaimed, that fire
            Is only a potential. Meaning kills that blaze. Let us not
                        Sing life to sleep with meanings. Nullity is my torch.

We must proportion the world we find to it.
            It is not balance, but rather instability, that
                        Inheres in nothingness. Let us sing the old chanson :
Natura abhorret a vacuo! This may refer
            Not only to the veering motion with which matter
                        Seeks matter : sphere, sphere : body, body : but to
The impossibility of the vacuum-state
            Altogether. I cannot be empty. The burning of a roe
                        As it flies to the border of the wood is vivid, empty.
God sings in his chains like a giant.

            Comets dance in the wake of the ship,
                        The ship where I wait for you. I watch their paths.
Prodigal, fugitive, acrobatic : they are like
            A circus of lost boys. I am at the bar drinking
                        Whisky. Please consider meeting with me, tonight.
I have lost my soul in gallons of booze.
            Your arms hung on me like a cable : O fathom
                        That has swallowed my last God! My human dignity.
No, my tuxedo jacket. Was it a dream I loved?
            You remember the words I spoke to you. Come back to me.
                        Pale roe, break from the sea.

No comments: