Thursday 11 March 2010

Nightmare II

I wake up
the room is black
there is something wrong.
I am on my back
arms by my side
locked like that,
a weight above pressing in
and it's cold,
cold as the earth.
At the edge of sight
I see sparks
dancing on the sheet
a few, then more
coming out of nothing
there is music
beautiful, almost silent.
They are laughing at me.

Now smoke rises
growing into arms
grasping arms
and demented faces
flashing black gums
climbing to the ceiling
and coming over my face
into my nostrils.
I cannot choke it out
the weight is pressing in
a throbbing wall of sound.
Fire leaps roaring
over the bed closer
and closer eating up
the distance, cracking.
The ceiling starts to burn
timbers fall all around
I am paralysed
as the furnace takes me.
In the last moments
all I hear is flies
thousands of flies.

No comments: