Sunday 18 January 2009

Theme de Diablo

In doldrums, purple, I have lived,
And let the starry embers fade
Without opening my deaf eyes
Or chancing, dancing with restraint,
I flung about for reason, truth,
And tongued my failure out and in,
To love the cloud that keeps me from
Divinity. In mortal spent
Explosions of unholy rhyme
Declaim and prophesy my might
Tonight, the temples all will burn
And twist in agony of choice,
The voices of the red insane
Horde leap in tongues of crimson flame.
They stutter, sputter at the bush
The lamb of love in pride denied,
But flow like polyrhythmic gods
And let the demons come inside.
The mayday flag is out tonight,
It ripples on the balcony,
The fettle-footed warriors
Have hipped my hop and murdered me.
I save no square, I spare no inch,
From beat-up voices offering
The forfeit of untold delight,
Deafening sound and everything
On fire, and dancing on the tomb,
I shake my head and start to sing;
Be well my brothers, break your heads
And suffer not to be reborn
But turn the devil's music up
And dance until your clothes are torn.

No comments: